This page includes information on our Safeguarding Officer and Safeguarding Policies
Our Safeguarding Officer - Sarah-Jane
Sarah-Jane is our Welfare/Safeguarding Officer. Her role is to promote Safeguarding in the West Hants Club and to ensure we have a safe and inclusive environment. She is the first point of contact for all children and adults at risk where there are concerns about welfare, discrimination, poor practice or abuse. Her role is to work with the LTA Safeguarding Team when concerns arise. If you have any concerns or are uncomfortable about anything you witness please get in touch with Sarah-Jane and she will be very happy to help. If you have major concerns or even something that you’re not sure about but wish to discuss, she can be contacted either in person by asking for her at Reception or you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org . Everything will be treated in the strictest confidence. If you wish to report a concern direct to the LTA Safeguarding Team, this can be done via the following link :
The West Hants Club prioritises the wellbeing of all children and adults at risk, promoting safeguarding in our club at all the events we run and in all our programmes. Our Safeguarding Policy minimises risk and aims to deliver a positive experience for everyone and responds appropriately to all safeguarding concerns and disclosures.
- The Safeguarding Policy can be viewed here.
- The Whistleblowing Policy can be viewed here.
- The Diversity and Inclusion Policy can be viewed here.
- How to register a concern here.
- The Online Safety & Communication policy can be viewed here.
- The Anti-Bullying policy can be viewed here.
- LTA Recording and Publishing Images Policy 2022 can be viewed here.
- The Changing Room policy can be viewed here.
- West Hants Club Toilet Break policy for U18's can be viewed here.
- The Safe recruitment policy can be viewed here.
- Photography and filming policy can be viewed here.
- The Safeguarding Policy Statement can be viewed here.
SAFE AND INCLUSIVE CODES OF CONDUCT
All employees and volunteers are required to abide by this Code of Conduct.
Those working in the club should at all times:
- Prioritise the well-being of all children and adults at risk at all times.
- Treat all children and adults at risk fairly and with respect.
- Be a positive role model. Act with integrity at all times.
- Help to create a safe and inclusive environment both on and off court.
- Not allow any rough or dangerous behaviour, bullying or the use of bad or inappropriate language.
- Report all allegations of abuse or poor practice to the club Welfare Officer.
- Not use any sanctions that humiliate or harm a child or adult at risk.
- Recognise diversity and make all reasonable efforts to meet individual needs.
- Keep clear boundaries between professional and personal life, including on social media.
- Have the relevant consent from parents/carers, children and adults before taking or using photos and videos.
- Refrain from making physical contact with children or adults unless it is necessary as part of the training session.
- Refrain from smoking and consuming alcohol during club activities or coaching sessions.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly outlined and everyone has the required information and training.
- Avoid wherever possible being alone with a child or adult at risk unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Refrain from transporting children or adults at risk, unless this is required as part of a club activity (e.g. lifts to the training venues, tournaments or associated activities).
- Not abuse, neglect, harm or discriminate against anyone; or act in a way that may be interpreted as such.
- Not have a relationship with anyone under 18 for whom they are coaching or responsible for.
Welfare Officer : Sarah-Jane Wright
Email : email@example.com
Tel : 01202 519455
LTA safeguarding team email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NSPCC – 080 8800 5000