To see our previous communications, from 9th March to 18th June 2020 inclusive, please click here. This is page 2 of 2 - scroll down to read updates in date order.
- View our latest opening hours by clicking here.
- At time of writing, our outdoor courts are available to Full/Rackets members, and those who downgraded from these categories after 21st March 2020. Fitness and Off-Peak members are welcome to use our courts at weekends after 11.30am. U18s must be accompanied by a parent who is a current member.
- If you cancelled after 21st March 2020, there may be rejoining options available to you. Email our Membership Team for details.
- We have a range of online classes for you to enjoy - click here to see what's on offer!
- Our studio/gym/squash courts are not yet open and we cannot take advance bookings. Click here for a sneak peek of what you can expect!
- We will not be allowing any non-member guests at present. There will be no exceptions to this rule and we thank you for your understanding.
- Before you visit, please familiarise yourself with our Outdoor Courts and Bar mandates.
2nd July 2020 - July 2020 Newsletter
Whilst we continue to eagerly wait for the Government's green light to re-open our fitness and squash facilities, we are pleased to share an update on other areas of our Club.
Our Shop opened on Wednesday 1st July
The doors were unlocked on Wednesday 1st July and current opening hours are below. As always, everyone is welcome to our shop, non-members too, but please respect the social distancing measures we have in place and note payment by card only.
· Tuesday - 10am to 3pm
· Wednesday - 1.30pm to 6.30pm
· Friday - 1.30pm to 6.30pm
· Saturday - 10am to 3pm
Our Bar opens on Saturday 4th July - members only
Steve and his team will be serving drinks from Saturday 4th July to all current members, so make the most of our long summer days and enjoy socialising with your member friends in our beautiful grounds.
We plan to introduce a limited food menu on Tuesday 7th July and we'll also be lighting up the coals on our BBQ soon so keep your eyes peeled for news.
Social distancing measures will, of course, be in place so please support our team by respecting these and note payment by card only.
We can only welcome members at the moment, no guests, and it is extremely important that you swipe your card on arrival for tracing purposes. Click here to read full details of our Bar's "new normal".
Bar opening times are:
· Monday-Thursday - 11am to 7pm
· Friday - 11am to 9pm
· Saturday - 11am to 8pm
· Sunday - 11am-5.30pm
Padel Players - You can now book three hours weekly
From Monday 6th July, padel players can now advance book three hours per week on our court, with one of those hours falling at the weekend. Padel tennis is incredibly popular and, having reviewed demand, we feel this will give all players fair opportunity to enjoy the court throughout the week.
Extended Club Hours
From Saturday 4th July, we will be staying open for longer so please note the following extended hours.
Monday to Friday - 10am to 8pm (last court booking 7pm).
Phone lines will be open 10.30am-5.30pm.
Saturday and Sunday - 10am to 6pm (last court booking 5pm).
Phone lines will be open 10.30am-4.30pm.
A note from Reception
- Please swipe your card on arrival - more than ever, we need full information on who is using the Club and when.
- Please remember you can advance book our outdoor courts 1 week in advance. Names of all players will be required at time of booking.
- Wherever possible, please phone to book your courts to help us manage social distancing and keep everyone safe. Our phone lines open at 10.30am every day and are busiest in the morning so we would recommend calling in the afternoon. So far, availability has met demand but we are constantly reviewing this.
BWT Physio returns to the Club on Monday 13th July
We are pleased to confirm BWT Physio will be unlocking their doors at the Club on Monday 13th July! To book an appointment with John or Kate, please call 01202 749514. Click here to read more about what to expect.
Once again, thank you for your ongoing support, it is greatly appreciated. With our phased re-opening, we continue to keep a close eye on costs to maintain our financial stability as we are a non-profit making organisation. We are pleased to share these positive steps with you and hope it won't be long before we can write again with more good news.
If you have any questions on the above please do not hesitate to email me. For any membership queries, please email our Membership Team. Please continue to check our website, your inbox, and social media channels for updates and news.
Peter D Elviss
1st July 2020 - You are invited to re-join as a Social Member (sent to members who cancelled in March, April, and May 2020)
Were you a Full or Fitness Member? You are now invited to re-join as a Social Member
Did you cancel your membership with us after 21st March 2020? If so, you are now welcome to re-join as a Social member with immediate effect.
Enjoy a drink with friends in our Bar
On Saturday 4th July our Bar re-opens so you can meet and enjoy a drink with your member friends, making the most of the long summer days in our beautiful grounds. Plans are also underway to light up the coals on our BBQ soon, all exclusively for our members.
Please note social members may use our Bar area only, not our tennis or padel courts.
The safety of our members and staff is of paramount importance to us so we will continue to follow the social distance and hygiene guidelines set by the Government which, we hope, will offer you some peace of mind when you visit us.
Upgrade quickly when you're ready to return to sport and fitness
All social members benefit from a simple and quick upgrade process. We can have you back on court, in the gym, or at a class as soon as you are ready to use these facilities. Anyone in our Membership or Reception Teams will be able to help you with this.
At time of writing, our outdoor tennis and padel tennis courts are open and we hope to soon get the green light to unlock the doors to our fitness and squash areas. Please note we do not have a date for this yet.
How do I re-join?
Click here to email our Membership Team who will advise next steps. The team are responding to emails Monday to Friday, from 10am to 2pm.
Alternatively, speak to our Membership Team in person at the Club on the days and times stated below. Social distancing measures will be in place so please report to Reception when you arrive and they will direct you to a waiting area.
Mon 10.30am-3.30pm / Wed 10.30am-5.30pm / Fri 10.30pm-5.30pm / Sat 10.30am-12.30pm
When you re-join you will be asked to complete a new Direct Debit form and pay one full month's fees plus a full joining fee. We will not be making any exceptions to this and apologise if this is disappointing news however we are dealing with an entire membership so must be fair and consistent to everyone.
If you paid a monthly fee during the period of Club closure, this 'credit' is valid until 31st December 2020 (subject to extension depending on the pandemic outcome) and will be applied one month after you return to your original category - you will only be charged 50% of your usual fees until we have repaid your credit. Once you have re-joined, no further 'lieu' time can be accrued.
You will have immediate access to the Club following payment.
I was a Social Member before 20th March - can I re-join now?
Yes, you are welcome to re-join with immediate effect. Please contact our Membership Team for further information - you can email them or speak to them in person at the times detailed above.
Our Fitness Categories
Disappointingly, we are unable to open our fitness categories yet to re-joiners as we have not yet been given permission by the Government to open the relevant facilities. Once these re-open, access will be given to existing members whilst we manage capacity and ensure we are operating safely to a high standard. Please keep checking this page, your inbox, and social media channels for the latest updates.
Please note we are not able to accept brand new members to the Club, or those that cancelled before 20th March 2020, at this time but we are making plans to welcome these groups soon.
Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back.
Peter D Elviss
24th June 2020 - Club Bar and Shop are re-opening and social members will be welcome!
May I start by expressing our extreme disappointment that we were not given the green light yesterday to re-open our fitness facilities. The team have everything prepared and whilst we cannot open or take bookings yet, we hope to provide quick access once the Government grant us permission.
In better news, we are pleased to advise July will be another free month for those entitled to lieu time and we have four key announcements to share!
- Our Bar will re-open on Saturday 4th July
- Social members are invited back to use the Club once the Bar has re-opened
- Club opening hours will be extended from Saturday 4th July
- Our Club Shop will re-open on Wednesday 1st July
Our Bar and welcoming back Social members from 4th July
As part of our phased re-opening, we can now invite current social members back to the Club from Saturday 4th July . Accessible to all members using the Club, our team will be serving drinks which can be enjoyed on designated tables in our bar area and patio.
We will be actively encouraging social distancing when placing orders so ask for your co-operation and patience. The toilets in our Bar area will also be re-opened for your use.
In support of Government guidelines, we will:
- space our tables and chairs to manage capacity and meet the 1m+ distancing requirements.
- accept card payment only.
- ensure tables and chairs are cleaned and sanitised regularly.
- ask that you take personal responsibility for hand hygiene using the sanitising stations provided.
- ask that you support our team by adhering to the above if using our Bar facilities.
- ask that you continue to respect our current Club mandate which is there to keep us all safe.
Club Opening Hours Extended from Saturday 4th July
We will be staying open later from 4th July. Please note the new hours below:
- Monday to Friday - 10am to 8pm (last court booking 7pm)
- Saturday and Sunday - 10am to 6pm (last court booking 5pm)
Club Shop Opens on Wednesday 1st July
We will be opening our shop on the following days and times. As with other areas of the Club, we can only accept card payments at this time and social distancing will be actively encouraged.
- Tuesday - 10am to 3pm
- Wednesday - 1.30pm to 6.30pm
- Friday - 1.30pm to 6.30pm
- Saturday - 10am to 3pm
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support. With our phased re-opening, we are keeping a close eye on costs to maintain our financial stability as we are a non-profit making organisation. These are positive steps for our Club and we hope to write to you again very soon to share more good news with you.
If you have any questions on the above please do not hesitate to email me. For any membership queries, please email our Membership Team. Please continue to check our website and social media channels for updates and news.
Peter D Elviss
To see our previous communications, please click here. This is page 2 of 2.