The Government's 'Freedom Day' arrives on Monday and we are paying close attention to their latest guidelines. The safety of our members and staff is of the utmost importance so we will continue to take a cautious approach as we move along the Government's Roadmap.
Changes to Club Life
These remain the same for now:
- 7am-10pm Monday-Thursday
- 7am-11pm Friday
- 8am-7pm Saturday-Sunday (and Bank Holidays)
Bar & Restaurant
This area of the Club will see the most changes:
- Please place your orders AT the Bar. We will no longer be offering table service.
- There will no longer be restrictions on group numbers meeting socially but we ask that you minimise this along with proximity and duration of social contacts wherever possible.
- Our water tap will be switched on for your use.
Studio Classes & Gym
Our current Studio timetable will stay in place, with space for 12 members in each class. We will consider extending the timetable from September if the pandemic situation remains the same or improves.
In the Gym, from Monday 19th July all cardio machines will be back in operation.
We will consider extending group activity numbers (indoors and outdoors) when our programmes re-start in September.
Swimming Pool and Sauna
There will be no changes in these areas as they seem to be working well.
Swimmers have priority access so if you are using the Club for Rackets or Fitness, please minimise your need to use this facility. Remember, we do have additional changing rooms further along the corridor, near the BWT Reception area.
This facility will remain the same but we may extend the hours from September.
We continue to encourage this but it is personal choice.
Let's work together to keep us all safe
- Please continue to follow standard social safety practices wherever possible (remember hands, face, space).
- Living with someone who has Covid? Until 15th August, please do not visit the Club until you have completed the required isolation period and tested negative for Covid as a household. From the 16th August, if you are fully vaccinated or under 18, you do not need to isolate unless you are testing positive for Covid.
- Been in close contact with someone (not your household) who has Covid? Until the 15th August, you must continue to follow the isolation instructions you receive. From the 16th August, if you are fully vaccinated or under 18, you do not need to isolate unless you are testing positive for Covid.
- Been abroad? Please do not visit the Club until you have adhered to and completed your required quarantine period.
If we find you in breach of the above points, we reserve the right to refuse you admission and the relevant authorities will be informed. Please help by not putting us in this position and keep our Club community safe.
Your support is greatly appreciated by our team during this challenging time. We continue to monitor usage across all areas of the Club so keep your eyes peeled for any updates on our website, social media channels, and your email inbox.
Peter D Elviss
PS. Our Padel Club Championship Finals take place tomorrow (16th) from 6pm so pop along and cheer on the finalists! Remember, Happy Hour deals are available from 6pm-8pm.
[This was also circulated to current members via email on 15th July 2021]