The West Hants Club is excited to announce the launch of Padel Tennis right here in Bournemouth, Dorset from May 2018! Padel Tennis is one of the fastest growing sports in the UK and we are proud to be home to one of just a handful of courts in England.
What is Padel Tennis?
- Padel is a cross between tennis, squash and racketball.
- Played on an outdoor court measuring 20m x 10m with a net across the middle and walls around the outside.
- Scoring is exactly the same as Tennis and is played as doubles with 4 people on court.
- To serve you drop the ball and hit underarm cross court.
- When you hit the ball over the net it has to hit the ground first before hitting a wall.
- Played with a bat that is made from foam, EVA rubber and fiberglass, it has holes in the head rather than strings.
Padel Tennis History
Padel tennis was invented in the 1960’s by Enrique Corcuera, a Mexican billionaire whose mansion lacked space for a full size tennis court. Then in 1975 an Argentine millionaire imported the sport to Spain where it became a sporting sensation. Today, Padel Tennis is played by approximately 10 million Spanish players. In the UK the sport is growing rapidly and already has 2,000 registered players.
Why Play Padel Tennis?
- It’s a fun, sociable but competitive sport.
- Easy to learn and enjoy playing.
- Achieve entertaining rallies right from your first go!
- A game for everyone no matter your age or ability.
- Balls stay within the small court area with no walking to pick up stray balls.
- If you have played tennis, squash or racketball in the past you will pick it up quickly.
Booking the Padel Tennis Court
Court hire is free for all full members of The West Hants Club and can be booked up to two weeks in advance. Members will not be allowed to double book the court and failure to show for a booking with result in a £10 charge and your booking right taken away for one month.
Bats can be hired at Reception for £2 a time or all 4 bats for £5 (key deposit required). Padel Tennis Bats and balls are available to buy from the Club Shop.
For any further details please contact email@example.com
Programme starts January 2019. Please sign up at Reception as soon as you can as there are only a few spaces on each session.
Mondays - Padel Free Play
10am to 11am
If you don’t want the hassle of arranging your own games and booking courts, simply put your name down at Reception and enjoy playing padel with other members.
Free for members and you can book 1 week in advance. Not coach lead.
Wednesdays - Padel Club Night
6pm to 7pm & 7pm to 8pm for Red to Brown players.
8-9pm for Brown to Black players.
Book at Reception 1 week in advance.
Mondays and Saturdays - Padel Drills Pay & Play Sessions
Mondays: 7pm to 8pm – All standards welcome
Saturdays: 11am to 12pm – All standards welcome
Is there a shot you struggle with when playing a game? If there is then this is the session for you as you will hit loads of balls over and over again in this dynamic work out.
Please note this is not a course therefore you don’t have to commit to consecutive weeks. Book as and when to suit your busy schedule.
Book at Reception 1 week in advance (only 4 spaces available each session)
Padel Free Play - Free for Full members
A great way to get a game of padel without the hassle of organising a 4 to play with and booking a court. Simply book with reception up to one week in advance and turn up and play. Full members only. This is not a coach led session.
Padel Club Night - £5 per member
Book 1 week in advance and get 1 hour of play against different pairs. Coach led session
Padel Drills Pay & Play Sessions - £8 per member
Is there a shot you struggle with when playing a game? If there is then this is the session for you as you will hit loads of balls over and over again in this dynamic work out. Just book as and when to suit your busy schedule. Coach led session.