The West Hants Club is excited to announce the launch of Padel Tennis right here in Bournemouth, Dorset from May 2018! Padel Tennis is one of the fastest growing sports in the UK and we are proud to be home to one of just a handful of courts in England.
What is Padel Tennis?
- Padel is a cross between tennis, squash and racketball.
- Played on an outdoor court measuring 20m x 10m with a net across the middle and walls around the outside.
- Scoring is exactly the same as Tennis and is played as doubles with 4 people on court.
- To serve you drop the ball and hit underarm cross court.
- When you hit the ball over the net it has to hit the ground first before hitting a wall.
- Played with a bat that is made from foam, EVA rubber and fiberglass, it has holes in the head rather than strings.
Padel Tennis History
Padel tennis was invented in the 1960’s by Enrique Corcuera, a Mexican billionaire whose mansion lacked space for a full size tennis court. Then in 1975 an Argentine millionaire imported the sport to Spain where it became a sporting sensation. Today, Padel Tennis is played by approximately 10 million Spanish players. In the UK the sport is growing rapidly and already has 2,000 registered players.
Why Play Padel Tennis?
- It’s a fun, sociable but competitive sport.
- Easy to learn and enjoy playing.
- Achieve entertaining rallies right from your first go!
- A game for everyone no matter your age or ability.
- Balls stay within the small court area with no walking to pick up stray balls.
- If you have played tennis, squash or racketball in the past you will pick it up quickly.
Booking the Padel Tennis Court
Court hire is free for all full members of The West Hants Club and can be booked up to two weeks in advance. Members will not be allowed to double book the court and failure to show for a booking with result in a £10 charge and your booking right taken away for one month.
Bats can be hired at Reception for £2 a time or all 4 bats for £5 (key deposit required). Padel Tennis Bats and balls are available to buy from the Club Shop.
For any further details please contact email@example.com
Programme starts end of September 2018. Please sign up at reception as soon as you can as only a few spaces on each session.
- 10.45am - 12pm Padel Free Play - (Yellow and Green Players)
- 12pm - 1.15pm Padel Free Play - (Yellow and Green Players)
- 7pm - 8pm Improvers Padel - (Brown and Blue Players)
- 8pm - 9pm Match Play Padel - (Yellow and Green Players)
- 9.30am - 10.45am Match Play Padel - (Yellow and Green Players)
- 6pm – 7.40pm Padel Club Night - (Red to Brown Players)
- 7.40pm – 9.20pm Padel Club Night - (Brown to Black Players)
- 11am – 12pm Improvers Padel - (Yellow and Green Players)
- 9.30am - 10.45am Match Play Padel - (Brown and Blue Players)
Padel Free Play - Free for Full Members
A great way to get a game of padel without the hassle of organising a 4 to play with and booking a court. Simply book with reception up to one week in advance and turn up and play. Full members only.
Improvers Padel - £8 per Member
High intensity drills covering all shots aimed to increase padel movement/fitness as well as practicing shots under pressure.These are pay and play sessions which can be booked up to one week in advance.
Match Play Padel - £24 per Member
A 3 week course designed to teach participants how to play as a pair through this coach lead match play session. Tactical and technical tuition given.
Padel Club Night - £5 per Member
Book 1 week in advance and get 1 hour of play against different pairs. Coach lead session