We were excited to introduce Padel Tennis to Bournemouth in May 2018! One of the fastest growing sports in the UK and we are proud to be home to one of just a handful of padel courts in England. Keep scrolling to see what's on offer at the Club and please also note:
- Our Padel Court is exclusively for Full Members only and Club Rules apply. Interested in becoming a member? Email us: email@example.com
- Just signed up and ready to get started with Padel at the Club? Email Coach Chris and he will be happy to signpost you!
- Visit our News & Events pages for updates on events or view our latest timetable here.
What is Padel Tennis?
- Padel tennis is a cross between tennis, squash and racketball.
- Played on an outdoor court measuring 20m x 10m with a net across the middle and walls around the outside.
- Scoring is exactly the same as Tennis and is played as doubles with 4 people on court.
- To serve you drop the ball and hit underarm cross court.
- When you hit the ball over the net it has to hit the ground first before hitting a wall.
- Played with a bat that is made from foam, EVA rubber and fiberglass, it has holes in the head rather than strings.
Padel Tennis History
Padel tennis was invented in the 1960’s by Enrique Corcuera, a Mexican billionaire whose mansion lacked space for a full size tennis court. Then in 1975 an Argentine millionaire imported the sport to Spain where it became a sporting sensation. Today, Padel Tennis is played by approximately 10 million Spanish players. In the UK the sport is growing rapidly and already has 2,000 registered players.
Why Play Padel Tennis?
- It’s a fun, sociable but competitive sport.
- Easy to learn and enjoy playing.
- Achieve entertaining rallies right from your first go!
- A game for everyone no matter your age or ability.
- Balls stay within the small court area with no walking to pick up stray balls.
- If you have played tennis, squash or racketball in the past you will pick it up quickly.
Booking the Padel Tennis Court
Court hire is free for all full members of The West Hants Club and can be booked up to one-week in advance. Please note members will not be allowed to double book the court, court bookings are limited to three times per week (Monday to Friday), and failure to show for a booking with result in a £5 charge. Our Padel court is for Full Members only.
Bats can be hired at Reception for £2 a time or all 4 bats for £5 (key deposit required). Padel Tennis Bats and balls are available to buy from the Club Shop.
For any further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our Padel Timetable page to view the latest sessions on offer - click here. If a session catches your eye, we recommend signing up at Reception quickly as places are limited and padel is popular!